[Time-Management] And here is the balance for the year!

 

12th March 2013

‘Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools!’

Albert Einstein

Do you get angry on someone or at something? Anger and joy are basic emotions and we should be intelligent enough to use the same to our advantage.

As I type this page I am angry with the authorities who have declared a ‘rain holiday’ for all the schools and I find bright sunshine outside!

We get angry when the next house creates a noise pollution with blaring microphone making us deaf over a period of time. We get angry when driver behind us honks the horn when he knows that I cannot move because of the red signal in front of me.

On all these occasions, I try to ask a question to myself: my getting angry at this moment, will it solve the issue? If the answer to this question is ‘no’, then I try to intervene and quit my anger mood. I found it difficult to follow this initially, but then I realised that this is the most sensible thing to do to manage my emotions!

Our emotions are also energy and energy should not be wasted on issues which will not add any value to our life. This is the essence of ‘emotional intelligence’!

Try this and experience what I experienced!

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

0000

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___