[Time-Management] 100 Thoughts for Self Improvement!

 

17th October 2012

`The cyclone derives its powers from a calm center. So does a person.'

Norman Vincent Peale

As part of my own development, I make it a point to meet as many successful people as possible to know some of their t unique traits. By the term `successful' don't mean people who have achieved great things hitting the newspaper headlines very often. They are ordinary people like any one of us.  

They share a common denominator of remaining calm even amidst chaos and crisis around them!

I remember a District Collector who is still my role model. Once he invited me for the inauguration of the Collector's Office by the Chief Minister of the State. I expected him to be very busy and kind of anxious. On the contrary he was very calm and composed. When he was speaking to me just half an hour before the Chief Minister arrived, he was very very normal.

I asked him how he was able to remain so calm. His reply was very simple: I have planned, trained my people, and I have nothing to worry. It's something like cooking rice in a rice cooker, if you know how to use a rice cooker, you don't cook, and it does! You have nothing more to contribute!'

Do you like this metaphor?

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

0000

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (60)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___