[Time-Management] Mind, O, My Dear Mind!

 

12th December 2011

There is an interesting and relevant e mail in response to my newsletter of 9th and I quote the content below:

Dear Shridharanji,

I share my own experience as I suffer from phobia of Dogs. I cannot enter into any house having dog as a pet, irrespective of owner's assurances that dog will not harm me. In a lighter way, I used to tell the owner `if dog says so, then only I will believe!'  My introspection for this phobia lead me to a conclusion that in my very early childhood, probably two or three years of age, my father brought a German Shepherd dog , which was kept for few days in my home and it might have some way made me feel insecure and fearful, which image lasts till today at 48 . Late night coming home also makes me insecure and fearful for stray dogs in street. Can you please elaborate remedy for this? 

While I will be talking to him about this problem, I only want to say that every one of our response has a `programme' driving the external behaviour and we cannot `delete' the external behaviour just because it embarrasses us. There is no `alt+control+delete' in the human system!

I will be discussing the problem of my friend in the next few newsletters. While doing so, I will also be discussing a closely related NLP presupposition `behind every behaviour, there is a positive intention'.

In this specific case, at a time when the father brought a German Shepherd dog, the mind rightly warned the little child that a dog is dangerous and one has to be careful. But the problem is when the same state of mind continues even after the specific context has passed and the warning is not valid anymore.

So, what to do? Keep reading…

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___