[Time-Management] Arise, awake and take charge!

 

22nd December 2010

The depth of your mythology is the extent of your effectiveness.

- John C. Maxwell

Having a role is different from being effective on the role. As we grow in our life, we take on various roles. We take on the role of a student. Then we join a college. After the college education, we start our career with a job. As we settle down in our job, we get married and slip into a new role of a husband or wife. When we raise a family, we get into the role of a parent.

 

Life goes on and on like this. Some role excites us and we are proud when such roles are conferred on us. Many times we do not check how effective we are in a given role. In every role, there are bench marks. Some people become a legend in their role and they are taken as a role model by others.

 

Whether we like it or not, we are always judged in our role in comparison with someone else in our field. We may not like it, but it is the reality.

 

Perhaps it is better to reflect on the following questions and `audit' our own effectiveness in our role:

 

  • What outcome have I produced in my role? What is expected out of me? Is there a difference between the expectation and the real performance?
  • Who is my role model and the legend with reference to my role? What is the gap between me and my role model?
  • Do I have the requisite qualification and knowledge to deliver the best in my role?
  • Do I have the skill and the expertise to be at my best in my role? Is `my best' acceptable by those who demand my services?

 

Many of us are evaluated by others in our job. But the most effective people believe in self evaluation. The only person who knows us best is our self!

 

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

 

 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___