[Time-Management] Arise, awake and take charge!

 

2nd February 2011

`Anyone can become angry – that's easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way – that's not easy'

Aristotle

Success or failure is a result of our ability to manage various resources. We should give a broader meaning for the word `resource'. We all know about common resources such as money, material, manpower etc. Our feelings are also resources. We should know how to use our feelings constructively.

Anger is an important feeling. We cannot wish that we don't feel angry at all. In fact, we cannot wish away any feeling. Every feeling is good if used properly. Even poison is good in some context. Fire is good if used properly.

When you get angry with someone, chances are you may harm the quality of inter personal relationship. Have you ever thought of getting angry with yourself? When you get angry with yourself, it could do a lot of good to you. I try this very often. I get angry with my laziness sometimes; I get angry with my tendency to take on too many assignments without considering the feasibility; I get angry with my weakness to electronic gadgets and buying unnecessary things; I get angry with myself when I feel so restless to send my morning newsletter without checking the spelling!

But I realized that every time I get angry with some of my weaknesses, I improve myself. I become more and more aware of my drawbacks. But I get angry with myself to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way!

Consider an idea: list three of your weaknesses and get angry with yourself and see what happens!

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___