[Time-Management] Arise, awake and take charge!

 

24th February 2010

 

List and rank your limitations…

 

 

Others can stop you temporarily -- you are the only one who can do it permanently.
-- Zig Ziglar

 

In the process of our working towards what we want in our life, there may be a time when we are struck and not able to progress beyond a stage due to some limitation. Some limitations may be real and some others may be in our mind. We need to handle this situation successfully and continue our journey in the direction of our goal.

 

One way is to list all the limitations known to us and rank the same in the order in which they adversely affect our progress. For example, look at the following limitations:

  • I cannot communicate assertively
  • I lack the stamina to work continuously
  • I feel sleepy during the day
  • I am short tempered and shout at people
  • I don't have the patience to wait for the results
  • I cannot accept even small mistakes from others
  • I do not have adequate resources to fund my projects
  • I do not have a management degree
  • I am slow in reading
  • I have hyper tension.
  • ….
  • ….
  • …..

 

Once you have listed them, then the next step is to rank each limitation depending how seriously it affects your progress. Give a rank from 1 to 5 and think about the consequence if you didn't do anything to deal with the limitation. Mentally visualize what will happen if the limitation is allowed to affect your progress. Talk to people who have had similar limitations and how they over came the same. Evolve a strategy to deal with these limitations starting with the one which affects you most. Decide on a time frame by which you would have worked out all the limitations.

 

Just try this approach and notice what happens to your progress!

 

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___