[Time-Management] Arise, awake and take charge!

 

22nd November 2010

I am not more gifted than the average human being. If you know anything about history, you would know that is so--what hard times I had in studying and the fact that I do not have a memory like some other people do… I am just more curious than the average person and I will not give up on a problem until I have found the proper solution. This is one of my greatest satisfactions in life--solving problems--and the harder they are, the more satisfaction do I get out of them. Maybe you could consider me a bit more patient in continuing with my problem than is the average human being. Now, if you understand what I have just told you, you see that it is not a matter of being more gifted but a matter of being more curious and maybe more patient until you solve a problem.

~ Albert Einstein

I find a huge treasure hidden in the above words of Albert Einstein. It's true that he suffered from learning difficulty when he was a child and no one ever expected that he would succeed in his life.

There are two very important traits discussed in the above quotation: curiosity and perseverance. All of us have the same problem and I don't think that a problem is specifically designed for us taking into account our weaknesses. In fact we may have unique talents and physical features and there may not be another person with our talents and uniqueness. But the external environment in which we operate is identical for all of us.

When faced with problems, we need to become curious as to why is the problem occurring. We need to go into the root cause analysis of the problem. Management experts say that you should ask `why' five times to understand the real cause of the problem.

You need perseverance at two stages, first while finding the root cause of the problem and second while solving the problem. Successful people get excited while facing a problem and the not so successful people get dejected when confronted with a problem.

So be become curious about your problem and patient till you solve the problem.

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___