[Time-Management] Arise, awake and take charge!

 

10th March 2010

 

CONCENTRATION/FOCUS

"I can feel guilty about the past, apprehensive about the future, but only in the present can I act. The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness."

 

 Abraham Maslow

This day is a gift to us. That's why we call it `present'! We may wish to change the past. But we cannot put the clock back. Time spent and spoken words will not come back. In my time management seminars I hear my participants say, ` I should have attended this seminar long ago', ` I wasted a mot of my time', ` I feel guilty that I did not do that or this' etc. I used to ask them the question `What if, what next and what prevents you?'.

 

The next problem we face is the `uncertain future'. I do not believe that the future is uncertain. Barring some unfortunate turn of events over which we do not have any control, we can to a large extent design our future. The question is whether we are willing to shed our fear and laziness. If the future is unpredictable, how is that large organizations survive for hundreds of years? Tomorrow is the yesterday you didn't care to plan meticulously.

 

So, by the process of elimination, we have the whole of today in front of us. Start the day with the feeling that it's exciting to be alive. Believe in your ability to muster all your resources to make this day your master piece. At the same time be cautious to match your dream with your present resources. Ask the question: what is the best use my time just now and what's that one thing that I should do today to make my future bright and happy? Ask this question as many number of times in a day as possible.

 

Believe in your abilities to design your own future by acting today!

 

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___