[Time-Management] Arise, awake and take charge!

 

11th March 2010

We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light, which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true.

Woodrow T. Wilson

In our young formative years, we received some advice which may not be true or we might not have understood the real meaning. One such advice is `don't day dream!'. In my time management seminars, I encourage my participants to wildly day dream! I encourage them to visualise accomplishing the most impossible things. Creative visualization is a powerful tool in the armory of successful people. They dream the impossible. They are able to `see' themselves actually achieving their dreams in their mind's eye. The mental picture they see is so powerful and excitement that they fall for it. The mental picture is so exciting that they become restless to achieve their dream.

Great people dream great and thrilling goals and nourish and nurture the same through hard work and focused efforts and they are honest and sincere that their dream will true not because they dreamed but because they know that they deserve it.

Spend thirty minutes everyday mentally visualizing your future. See your dream unfolding in your mental world. Close your eyes and concentrate on every detail of your dream. See the people who are involved. Take a snapshot of the dream. Open your eyes and paint a colour picture of the same. Work the details of the pictures. As you keep your eyes closed, verbalize your dream in first person singular like, ` I see myself working hard, am jogging in a cold winter regardless of the difficulty, I see my parents looking at me…. it's two am and I have not slept…. I see my boss appreciating my efforts….' etc.

Do this exercise whenever you don't have anything specific to do and see the result over a period of time!

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___