[Time-Management] Arise, awake and take charge!

 

4th March 2010

 

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."

Aldous Huxley

In my time management seminars, I keep mentioning the need to benchmark our performance with our own previous performance. In the mid sixties, the whole world was stunned with the Japanese miracle. The Japanese proved to the world that if the people of a country really wake up, they cannot be stopped.

 

One tool the Japanese used was called `continuous improvement'. They improved the way did various things and perfected the art of manufacturing any product. They encouraged everyone to think. Thinking became a common portfolio of everyone who worked for the organisation and not the special function of a select few!

 

The first place to start our improvement plan is to look for areas inside us. Over this week end list the following areas for personal improvement:

 

  • How can I improve my physical fitness?
  • How can I improve the quality of my communication?
  • How can I improve my professional skill level which keeps me on my job?
  • How can I improve the quality of my family relationship?
  • How can I improve the interpersonal relationship with my team?

 

After listing the same, write down at least one activity which you want to do today to give shape to implement your improvement. Do this activity honestly and notice the quality of your life!

 

Just think: if you cannot improve yourself, how can you improve others?

 

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___