[Time-Management] Arise, awake and take charge!

 

30th March 2011

Fairness Audit….

If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world.
--Chinese Proverb

Yearly we go for a health check up to find out our health status and based on the feedback we take corrective action. If we don't take timely remedial actions, we may land ourselves into a major health problem. With the world becoming more and more polluted, yearly master health check up is becoming very popular. Similarly the health of an organization is audited every year to check if there are any deviations from the approved regulations. Wrong practices are identified and counter measures taken to ensure that the issue is corrected in time.

While I was thinking about these practices, I thought that perhaps we should also be doing a fairness audit on ourselves. We have to be fair in all our actions with respect to the people with whom we work. They may be family members, our customers or colleagues.  Perhaps ask these questions to yourself:

·         Have I been fair to my parents for all that they have done to me?

·         Am I fair to my spouse?

·         Am I fair to those people who pay for my services?

·         Am I fair to the society in which I live?

·         Am I fair to my children?

·         Am I fair to my friends and relatives?

·         When I am in a public place, am I fair to the people around?

More importantly, you should also ask the question: am I fair to myself? After doing this self initiated fairness audit, check if this will tally with how others will perceive your fairness quotient.

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___