[Time-Management] Arise, awake and take charge!

 

16th June 2011

`My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived and let me watch him do it'

Clarence Budington Kellenad

We may not know, but we are the `chip of the old block'. Biologically we inherit the traits of our parents. We share many of the characteristics of our parent such as the colour of our skin, height, body constitution, facial features etc. This is the law of genetics.

There is yet another way in which we will resemble our parents – in the soft aspects of our living. Our values, attitudes, character, the way we communicate etc., are all derived from our parents. A child is in the custody of parents for most of the time and hence the parents influence children in many ways.

This is the school admission time and many parents would have gone through the anxious experience of securing a seat for their children. In most prestigious schools, parents start standing in the queue even from the midnight – not for admission interview, but just to get an application! I head a school as Honorary Correspondent and I come across anxious parents seeking admission for their dear children. Many parents honestly believe that once they secure a seat for their children in the best school, their job is over. Nothing could be farther from truth. Your child can study in any school, move with any type of friends, live in any society, but they you influence them a lot.

I conduct a parental seminar called `Bullet Proofing Children' in which I educate the parents how they should insulate their children from the harmful influence of the society.

Believe me when I say: you are responsible for the quality of thinking of your child. Their thinking will decide their attitude. Their attitude will decide their character. Their character will decide their destiny.

I short, you are deciding their destiny!

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

ooo

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___