[Time-Management] Arise, awake and take charge!

 

20th June 2011

`Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it, you can never get it back'.

Harvey MacKay

This morning I was plucking flowers from my garden and I noticed that around the trees and the plants there were flowers which had withered away. They should have been fresh and beautiful yesterday and maybe I did not pluck them. Actually I was running short of flowers yesterday, and had I plucked them up yesterday, I would have had surplus flowers.

This reminded me about our attitude to our time. Time is also like those flowers, fresh and plenty in the morning. If we don't use them at the right time in the right way, it will become useless. Like flowers, time is there for us to use it or lose it. If we don't use the flowers, it is not the fault of the flowers. So is the case with time also. If we don't use time when it is available, we cannot blame the time for our failure.

A tree does not stop giving the flowers the next day even if we did not use the same the previous day. So also is the case with time. Even if we waste our time, the next day we still get the full quota of time.

In the case of flowers, if we do not use them when it is available, we cannot have more of the same the next day. Nature will give us the same amount of flowers depending upon the fertility of the soil and the capacity of the tree. This principle is applicable with reference to time also. Just because we did not use the available time today, we cannot have more amount of time tomorrow. Every day comes with only 24 hours, no less no more. After wasting all our time today, we cannot carry forward today's time to tomorrow!

When I pondered over the above facts, I became more careful not only with the flowers in my garden, but also with my time!

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___