[Time-Management] 100 Days Improvement Plan!

 

Day 37

12th Aug 2011

Time is a limited resource and you cannot do everything by yourself. You need the help of others to grow into higher responsibility. For this, you need to develop your people. You should graduate from doing to supervising and managing others. The difference between supervising and managing lies in the number of people for whom you take the responsibility. That is why there are supervisors and managers in an organisation.

Today you take a person who works under you. It could be your subordinate, your son or daughter whom you want to develop. You should have a plan of action to develop them taking them through the following stages:

  1. Look into this problem and give me all the details and I will decide.
  2. Think and discuss with me the alternatives for me to decide.
  3. Think of alternatives and recommend course of action.
  4. Check with me and act.
  5. Keep acting until I say `no'.
  6. Keep me informed.
  7. Tell me only when your actions do not produce results.
  8. Take over from me!

From today, take the people development portfolio seriously!

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___