[Time-Management] 100 Thoughts for Self Improvement!

 

29th August 2012

`It is not work that kills men, it is worry. Work is healthy; you can hardly put more on a man than he can bear. But worry is like rust upon the blade. It is not movement that destroys the machinery, but the friction'

Henry Ward Beecher

Have you come across people who are very happy? I have. I admire some of my friends who are personification of happiness. Their happiness is contagious! They laugh, crack jokes, share some of their happy memories with you and make you feel at home.

I have also come across people who are always worried. They have something to feel worried. If they have nothing to feel worried, they are not comfortable! I am sure you also know such people. They cannot stand even a slight deviation from their comfort zone. They want things to happen their way.

One thing is for sure: you don't improve the situation by worrying. If at all, things only deteriorate. Worry saps your energy and enthusiasm. It kills your self- image and self confidence.

I have a friend of mine who is a very senior IAS officer. I have never seen him tense, even during crisis times. One day I asked him how he is able to maintain this state of mind. He said that when faced with difficult situations, he will ask three critical questions to himself:

  • What's the worst that can happen?
  • What if?
  • What next?

I tried asking these questions when in difficulties and it worked. What about you?

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

0000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___