[Time-Management] 100 Thoughts for Self Improvement!

 

22nd August 2012

`Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you. Never excuse yourself'

Henry Ward Beeacher

Some years ago I had the opportunity to meet P.T. Usha, who won an Olympic Medal for India. I took her to my school and allowed my students to interact with her. Many students asked her what is the secret behind her success and who motivated her. Her reply was very interesting. She said that every time she participated in any competition, she would want to beat her own previous record while at the same time remembering the world record!

We need external motivation. But what is even more important is an inner urge and restlessness to be our best and deliver our best. We have to be internally compelled to excel in whatever we do. This emotional state alone will give us the stamina and power to sustain and maintain our energy level.

Others may not notice the gap between what we can deliver and what we actually deliver, but we know the same!

Before going to bed, it will be a good idea to ask ourselves a critical question: did I do my best in whatever I did today? Did I live up to the entire satisfaction of my own self? If I were to rate my own performance, how will I rate myself?

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

0000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___