[Time-Management] 100 Thoughts for Self Improvement!

 

14th September 2012

`if you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion'

Dalai Lama

I am presently going through two different experiences in my life: taking care of my old parents and managing a school of 2600 students from Pre KG to School final. I understand what it means to manage the very old and the very young! Sometimes I feel upset the way they behave, but I remind myself that they are expected to behave that way given their age!

Now I understand and experience what is `compassion'. The dictionary meaning of the word `compassion' is `a feeling of pity' `sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings of other people'.

The question is how you feel compassionate?

You should pass through three stages to feel compassionate for the sufferings of others and they are:

  • `I feel for you'
  • `I understand you', and,
  • `I want to help you'

Now take someone very close to you who is suffering from something, say sickness. First feel for them. In fact put yourself in his/her shoes and empathize. Then understand what they want from you. Then sincerely desire to help them in whatever way you can and be honest on your intention.

For the next five weeks do this exercise with reference to five different people and experience compassion!

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

0000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___