[Time-Management] 100 Thoughts for Self Improvement!

 

11th September 2012

I don't focus on what I'm up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.
Venus Williams

One very critical quality of great achievers is the way they set their priories and their focus. While others complain that they don't have time, great achievers `find' and invest their time on their most important priorities. Successful people distinguish between useful and interesting things.  

To understand this simple idea, do an instant exercise:

Stop reading this, take a paper and pencil and spontaneously jot down ten news items that come to your mind which you read in some newspaper or saw in television channels. After jotting, as against each item ask the question: is it relevant to my goal? If the answer is `yes' it is important and the time you spent on the same is useful. If the answer is `no', it is interesting but not useful!

Our mind is attracted towards interesting but not useful things. It calls for some amount of maturity and self control to shift our focus from interesting things to useful things.

Periodically stop doing whatever you are doing for a moment and ask the question: is it important that I should do it? What will happen if I don't do it? Over a period of time, this will become your habit and second nature to focus only on useful priorities.

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

0000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___