[Time-Management] 100 Thoughts for Self Improvement!

 

7th September 2012

The "how" thinker gets problems solved effectively because he wastes no time with futile "ifs" but goes right to work on the creative "how".

Norman Vincent Peale

If you want to solve a problem, you need to have action steps. Worrying will not solve the problem. If we ask the question `how am I going to solve the problem' constantly, we will get an answer.

The word `if' is another important word if carefully used. If not used properly, it will push you into worrying. It should be used to strengthen our action.  

Let me explain.

Suppose that you have to meet a difficult customer. You need to ask the question `how am I going to convince him' to get your strategy in place. You should also ask the question `if', but follow the same with a question which will give you a counter measure.

For example:

  • Don't ask `if the customer is not in a frame of mind to listen to me?'. But reframe your question as `if the customer is not in a frame of mind to listen to me, how I am going to make him to listen to me?'
  • Don't ask `if the price of the competitor's product is low? But ask `if the price of the competitor's product is low, how am going to justify my price?

Try this method when you are confronted by a problem and notice what happens to your ability to solve the problem!

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

0000

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___