[Time-Management] 100 Thoughts for Self Improvement

 

28th November 2012

‘It is one thing to praise discipline, and another to submit to it’

Miguel de Cervantes

I was driving on the high ways from San Antonio to Houston the other day. The traffic was smooth, fast and disciplined. One of my friends was admiring the same and commented that if this is the discipline how can there be an accident.

I explained to him that in any system individual discipline is more important than the team discipline. All the hundreds and thousands of the drivers could be highly disciplined, but all their discipline will become a waste if one driver applies the brake suddenly, crosses the lane or over speeds.

Lets us take even the human system. There are hundreds of parts in the body. If one part, just only one part malfunctions, it will affect the overall health of the person, no matter how sound are the other parts. We complain that the traffic is indisciplined, that people don’t do their duty in a responsible way, that the politicians are corrupt, that the students are casual etc. Before passing such comments, ask the following self check questions:

  • Am I disciplined?
  • Am I responsible?
  • Am I doing my duties sincerely?
  • Am I punctual?
  • Am I following the road rules honestly?

Just imagine how good our society will be if everyone corrects himself?

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundationl.com

0000

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___