[Time-Management] 100 Thoughts for Self Improvement!

 

13th November 2012

`If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much'

Jackie Kennedy

I would like to reflect little more on the issue of bringing up children with values and discipline. I have been repeatedly saying that indiscipline is natural and discipline is an acquired trait. This acquisition comes by education. The term `education' is not merely learning certain concepts in a classroom. Education is really a development of the mind.

We have five senses, out of which the three senses of seeing, hearing and feeling are the gateways for education. What we see, hear and feel gets into our mind. Children should hear and see discipline and values in the environment in which they grow up.

Yesterday I was in Walmart and I was doing some window shopping. I saw a laminated poster on which printed these words:

  • Be Happy
  • Always tell the truth
  • Laugh out loud
  • Work Hard
  • Love one another
  • Keep your promises
  • Help others
  • Do your best
  • Say your prayers
  • Please and thank you
  • Use kind words
  • SMILE

Just imagine a house where such a poster is kept which children see very often! In addition if the parents also live and demonstrate what the poster says, will they see their children grow up with values?

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com

Follow me on my Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nc.sridharan.7

Follow me on Twitter @ ncs_ignite

0000

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (80)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___